02 February 2022 | Trust news
The AIM Group are offering free training to support anyone who has not already achieved a level three qualification
Teaching Assistant Qualification (L3 Diploma in Specialist Support For Teaching & Learning in Schools):
About this qualification
The Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools is aimed at support workers and teaching assistants already working in schools who directly support teachers in the teaching and learning of pupils.
Objectives of the qualification
This qualification provides the knowledge and understanding needed to work directly with children or young people in schools. Learners will support the assessment for learning, developing relationships, promoting equality and diversity and understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people.
Non Teaching Assistant Qualification: (L3 Diploma in Playwork):
About this qualification
You will learn how to work with children and young people aged between 4 and 16, using a wide variety of play techniques in a supervisory capacity.
Learning strategies and tactics for Playwork at Level 3 means that you will become familiar with play frameworks and develop an understanding of the positive outcomes of play, health and safety issues in play environments and how to engage parents and families within play settings.
Who is it aimed at?
It is an ideal course for anyone who can see the benefits of learning through play and enjoys educating young children. If you appreciate taking part in, and planning, leisure activities, as well as the responsibility for supporting and safeguarding children, this Level 3 Playwork qualification is the perfect training for you.
So, what to do if you are interested?
· Learners MUST be within a relevant role (TA, lunchtime assistant, breakfast/afterschool club assistant) either working or volunteering
· Learners must not have a qualification above GCSE level also known as a Level Two
· Over the age of 19 as of 31st August 2021
· Not be enrolled onto any other gov funded course.
· Learners will attend a mandatory induction 16th February at 5pm to enrol onto the course fully. This will be with their tutor where they can ask any queries before starting
· Learners will need to attend a monthly Zoom session with a tutor. It will be scheduled at the same time each month and learners will receive a timetable in advance
· All learning is completed online via the online learning platform with up to a year to complete the entire qualification
· There will be 2-3 in-work observations carried out by their tutor, so their employer must agree to this and be happy for this to take place.
We have 49 spaces available to fill on our FIRST cohort [16th February]